This post contains important information for event attendees including parking, opening and closing times, what you’ll find for sale from our kidpreneurs and Money School, and other activities you can do to make an afternoon of it with your kids.
There is limited parking available at the venue (river end of Petra Street). Please do not go past the boom gates unless you have swipe card access. If you don’t find a park there, you can try Petra Street, Durdham Crescent and Phipps Street close by. Access to the venue from these areas is by Angove Lane.
We will be open to the public from 3:00pm to 4:30pm. There will be short speech from Lacey and Ash (one of our kidpreneurs) at 3:45pm. For the remainder of the time, all kidpreneurs will be selling their wares, and Lacey will be selling and signing books.
What’s on sale?
Our kidpreneurs are selling:
- Affirmation cards and posters ($7-15) from Little Bursts of Happiness
- Loom band bracelets ($2-4.50) from iLOOMinate Perth
- Herb and vegetable seedlings ($0.50-3)from Green Leaf Company
- Lip balm ($10) from Beauty from Ash’s Products
- Rings from Jewellerya
- Homemade lemonade ($3) from Emma
- Dried fruit snacks ($3) from Eric’s Dried Fruits
- Christmas gifts like keyrings and salad servers ($2-7) from Gifts from Philip & Robin
The children would appreciate cash payments please, so bring your spare change with you!
Money School is selling a variety of educational products, including:
- ‘Bunny Money’ book and poster packs ($22), can be signed at the event
- ‘Bunny Money’ audiobooks
- Audio recording for parents: ‘Teaching Children about Money‘
- Seminar DVD for parents: ‘Assets, Good Debt and Mindset‘
Money School will accept cash or credit card payments (credit cards via Payment for Stripe app on our phones).
Other things to do in the area
Being spring, it’s a gorgeous time of year to be outside near the river. Here are some activities you could add to attending our showcase to make a great afternoon out for you and the kids, without having to move the car:
- Have a coffee & cake on the balcony of the Yacht Club (Special: $7.50)
- Go for a swim in the river at Bicton Baths
- Visit the playground on the hill at Bicton Quarantine Park
If you don’t mind driving down the road – or you like a long walk – there are several places to eat and play along the river. To the west you’ll find the other yacht club, Eat Greek, Zephyrs, Dome and The Leftbank. To the west and north, you’ll find Point Walter with its playgrounds, river access and cafe. Nearby you can get fish and chips from Vale’s on Bristol Ave (a great option for an early riverside picnic dinner).
We look forward to seeing you!