Great to meet you at Upitch.me’s evening event!
Here’s more info about the job, the business, and the next steps to take if you’re interested in the role.
- Create social media posts for Money School’s four platforms (FB, LI, TW, IG) in Canva and schedule for publishing in SmarterQueue.
- Update Linktree accordingly with links referred to in IG posts.
- Update WordPress media page with new media appearances, which are added to a Google Sheet by Lacey as they happen (typically 2-8 per month).
- Keep Google Sheet up to date as items are added to content schedule.
- Update Searchie Hub with any new radio or podcast appearances.
Suggest bulk processing of all tasks fortnightly (but could be monthly).
Social media goals
- Followers: stay front of mind, position as an authority, encourage email signups, never cross the line into financial advice.
- Business growth: improve engagement on posts, improve organic follower numbers growth, promote sales of books/courses/speaking gigs. Not interested in paid SM.
- Operations: smooth and reliable addition of new content to social media pipeline so there’s plenty of variety in our posts, clear documented processes.
Active social media themes
- Article – Lacey quoted: when Money School and/or founder is referenced in an online or print media article
- Blog from Money School: Lacey produces evergreen content sporadically, but there are 70+ articles needing content created so plenty to draw on!
- Content without links: these are #quotes and #opinion posts at the moment.
- General promotion: book: this is reviews of Money School aiming to drive people to purchase via Booktopia or Amazon (affiliate links)
- Podcast: this is when Lacey is interviewed for a podcast (radio appearances could be added here)
- Questions answered: this is Lacey writing answers to common q’s asked in workshops.
There are two spare themes not being used: general promotion radio/panel/other, and general promotion product/sales. Lacey is open to changing these if there’s a good reason.
- Lacey can provide introductory training on WordPress, SmarterQueue, Linktree and Searchie.
- Trainee will need to create step-by-step procedures following training.
- As an international award-winning author, Lacey prides herself on excellent (though not perfect) grammar and punctuation. Tolerance for incorrect spelling, incorrect tone and poor sentence structure is non-existent.
- Graphics are bright and colourful using Lacey’s pro subscription in Canva. We have plenty of on-brand images we own that we prefer to use wherever possible. Currently stored on Dropbox.
- Lacey would prefer you spend 80% of your time crafting thoughtful, engaging posts that will remain evergreen than focused pumping out large volumes of content – quality over quantity.
- Lacey will continue to publish time sensitive content herself, such as advance notice of radio appearances as these are often booked one day prior.
- Lacey will continue to own the fortnightly EDM to subscribers in Active Campaign.
- Personal financial education – NOT advice, counselling or coaching
- Founded 2010
- Operated as a Pty Ltd but has effectively become a personal brand
- Makes money through:
- Sale of online courses
- Sale of books (via Penguin Random House, royalties and Public Lending Rights)
- Delivering workshops and seminars for businesses, councils, governments and schools
- Licensing content (e.g. to Student Edge) – ad hoc, not a biz stream I’m pursuing
- Keynote speaking
- No head office – run out of Lacey’s home office at the moment
- Lacey is the sole director of the company, everything goes through her
- Chemical engineer, so very analytical
- Author, so pedantic about spelling and grammar in published works (including social media)
- Dislikes people who don’t do what they say they’ll do, when they say they will, and don’t let you know. So I won’t be happy if I have to follow up a missed deadline. I will be happy if you’re proactive about it by letting me know ahead of time if you can’t do something by the agreed date and proposing a new date.
- Dislikes being too busy 🙂
What you’ll get
- You’ll learn about money – you’ll get full exposure to all our content, and you can ask Lacey as many questions as you like
- You’ll see how the back end of a small business runs, and how it becomes profitable
- You’ll have the chance to learn about new projects as they pop up
- You’ll pick up some of Lacey’s operational improvement consulting skills through working together
- Paid. On time.
Still interested? Here’s the next step…
Please send an email by Monday 15 August:
- to the company email (see contact page)
- with the subject ‘Interested to explore SM internship further’
- list any further questions you have (if any)
- …and tell me your favourite joke 🙂
Looking forward to hearing from you.