FI Supply Calculator
Welcome to the Money School FI Supply Calculator!
Fair chance you’re here because you’ve:
- read Money School,
- got excited about reaching financial independence (FI), and
- you’d like some help working out your FI numbers.
If that’s you, you’ve come to the right spot 🙂
If you haven’t read Money School, please note some of the terms we use in the calculator – buffer fund for example – might be unfamiliar. Obviously we recommend grabbing a copy of the book 😉 but don’t forget you can get it from libraries and via BorrowBox for free.
Either way, you’re welcome to use the Calculator.
We’ve built it to help you work out when you’ll reach financial independence (FI) because we didn’t want the mathematics to stand in the way of everyone working towards their own FI.
We hope you find it useful.
Before you jump in…
Some tips to make using the Calculator easier:
1. Get your inputs together before you start. We’re going ask you for 14 numbers. Yes, that’s a lot. No, we don’t store the data (see point 4). These numbers are necessary to get a reasonably accurate FI Supply number for you. If you like, download this inputs form so you’ve got them all in one spot. Still…
2. We use a number of assumptions. This makes the calculator quicker, but less accurate. Therefore please use this is a guide, not an exact date you can mark in your calendar.
3. This is NOT financial advice. Money School doesn’t give financial advice, and we aren’t licensed to do so. Everything on this site is general in nature; this calculator included. Please consider your personal situation before applying anything we cover.
4. We don’t keep your financial data. Yes, the data you’re about to enter is a veritable gold mine for those who sell such things. That’s not our business model, and frankly we don’t want to be responsible for your data. So, be prepared that once you calculate, your data disappears from our system (though maybe not from the cache on your device – check that if you’re worried).
5. You can use the calculator for free. We’re deeply grateful for the Innovation Voucher from the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation that made that possible. If you want our fancy detailed report, you can enter your name and email address to get it, but you don’t have to – you can get your FI age without it.
Ready to work out your FI Supply?