Money School is hiring a paid intern. Details and application information below.
***UPDATE: Thank you to all who applied! We’ll be in touch this week with more information. No further applications are being accepted.***
About the Role
We’re offering a paid intern role:
- Nominally 10 hours per week starting in May 2021. May be more or less than 10 hours some weeks, depending on workload and your commitments elsewhere, such as during exams.
- Working hours are flexible, though we prefer any meetings, emails and calls between 9am and 3pm on weekdays.
- Can be 100% virtual, or with some in-person work in Perth (near Fremantle).
- Hourly rate will be in line with the relevant Fair Work Australia Award.
To start with, you will be:
- creating Canva images.
- writing social media copy.
- scheduling social media posting in Social Bee.
As you learn how Money School runs and build your confidence with the tools we use, your role may expand to include:
- updating our WordPress sites.
- developing new membership and course ideas.
- writing emails for our subscriber list.
- …and anything else that turns out to be of interest and needs doing 🙂
This is an internship, so we don’t expect any prior knowledge. We can teach you everything that needs doing.
What we can’t necessarily teach – and would like you to bring to the role – are:
- a commitment to meeting deadlines that you’ve agreed to.
- willingness to challenge and debate ideas – if you see a better way to do something, we’d like you to bring it up.
- excellent written language skills.
- attention to detail.
- the ability to find answers when you don’t know how to do something (Google and YouTube are your friend!)
If you’re in Perth, we can do face-to-face training and work, otherwise anywhere in the world is fine so long as you can accommodate somewhere in the 9am-3pm range, GMT + 8hrs.
Familiarity with Instagram would be great – it’s the social channel with which we have the least experience – but not essential.
How to Apply
If you’d like to be considered, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 2 May 2021 as follows:
- Subject: EOI – Intern 2021
- Address it to the surviving founder of Money School by name
- In the body of the email, please:
- tell us what you’re hoping to get out of the internship and how it will support your study/career/life plans.
- if you’d like to share your work history, please include a CV (attached .pdf) or LinkedIn profile (copied URL).
- share any relevant examples of your work, if you have them.
(Hint: applicants who don’t follow these instructions aren’t demonstrating attention to detail so probably won’t get a response from us. Just sayin’ 😉 )