Thanks for completing Achieving Financial Independence!
We hope you found it helpful and that you’re feeling more confident with your money.
Below you’ll find links referred to in the course videos (bookmark this page if you want to keep these!) and some ways you can connect with Money School.
Thanks again for taking the course. Wishing you a fabulous financial future!
Links to Resources
These links include information and links referenced in the course videos, as well as some extra reading material if you’re interested in a particular topic.
Money School Resources:
- FI Supply download – Save a copy of the diagram from the third video
- Debt 101 course – Money School offers a free micro-course to help you get out of debt fast – and stay out!
- Use the FI Supply calculator – Enter your details to work out how long it will take you to reach FI
- Download checklists – Grab your copy of the downloads that accompany the 2020 edition of ‘Money School’
Superannuation and Tax Resources:
- YourSuper comparison tool – Use the ATO’s tool to compare fees and returns for various superannuation funds
- Log into myGov – Use myGov to perform the superannuation comparison on your existing super choice (ATO > Super)
- Superannuation guarantee – Min rate of compulsory superannuation contributions your employer must make if you qualify
- Super contribution caps – Max contributions you can make each year (compulsory + voluntary) under the concessional tax rates
- Income tax rates – Current income tax thresholds per financial year
- Income tax calculator – Use the ATO’s simple tax calculator to estimate how much tax you’ll pay
- Blog: Do you need an SMSF? – Self-managed super funds are growing popular, but do you really need one?
- Blog: Understand your super statement – Decipher your statement in five simple steps
- Blog: Extra superannuation contributions – The pros and cons of making voluntary contributions to super
- Blog: Tax returns – Five steps to getting the most out of your annual income tax return
Banking and Investing Resources:
- Bank guarantee – Australia’s Financial Claims Scheme (FCS) for deposits up to $250k
- ASX tools and courses – Take an ASX course or play the Sharemarket Game to learn about shares
- Blog: Negotiating your mortgage rate – How to get your interest rate dropped
- Blog: Redraw vs. Offset – Should you pay down your mortgage or use an offset account?
- Blog: Mortgage vs. Super – Should you pay down your mortgage or make extra super contributions?
- Blog: First home buyers – Tips for first time property buyers
- Blog: Economic cycles – Is it a correction, recession or depression?
- Blog: ASX Sharemarket Game – Can you learn about shares using the $50k virtual investing money from the ASX Game?
Connect with Money School
If this is your first time to the site – welcome!
We help people become financially independent and reclaim their lives through independent, comprehensive financial education.
Want to learn more? Check out:
Lacey’s TEDx Talk
Why you should think about financial independence and mini-retirements